Maps and Apps
Whether you stick to our many in-town trails or venture further out to our surrounding lakes, mountains, and paved pathways, a good map will ensure that you spend more time enjoying our home, and less time worrying about where to wander. Grab a hard copy or download an app or pdf, and remember to familiarize yourself with our basic safety, accessibility and trail etiquette suggestions. Then, head out to let the good times roll.
From downtown Platzl Tours to long cruises on the North Star Rails to Trails, we’ve got plenty of resources to keep your in-town activities well-planned and full of fun. Head to the Kimberley Visitor Centre to stock up on hard-copy maps, or check out the relevant pdf versions online.
- Platzl Tour - an in-town walking tour of our downtown core (see map)
- Kimberley Alpine Resort map - for those looking to hit the slopes in the winter, or enjoy some biking, hiking and berry-picking on North Star mountain in the warmer months
- Kimberley Nordic Club map - 30 km of groomed classic and skate ski trails in the winter, with plenty of biking and hiking options during the summer
- Kimberley Trail map - over 100 km of established trails to enjoy in-town, year-round
- North Star Rails to Trails - a 26 km paved trail between Kimberley and our neighbouring community of Cranbrook
- Kimberley Nature Park - the largest municipal park in British Columbia with over 50 km of established trails to enjoy year-round
For those looking to explore our vast backcountry or out-of-town trail systems, a few extra resources and planning tools are essential. Guidebooks can be found at the Kimberley Visitor Centre, Purcell Outdoors, or at the Kimberley Fly Fishing shop, while online pdf maps are available for many of our out-of-town excursions.
- Trails - adventure at Bootleg Mountain, or head for the hills and explore our Purcell and Rocky Mountains
- Provincial Parks - day trip to a surrounding Provincial Park to enjoy multi-activity family fun in the Canadian Rockies including: Wasa Lake Provincial Park, Premier Lake Provincial Park, Norbury Lake Provincial Park, Whiteswan Lake Provincial Park, Top of the World Provincial Park
- Kootenay Rockies BC Backroads Mapbook - a guidebook made for anyone venturing off the beaten path onto our surrounding gravel and Forest Service Roads
- Southeastern BC Fishing Mapbook - a must-have guidebook for fisherfolk looking to find Walter on our waterways
- Mountain Footsteps: Hikes in the East Kootenay of Southeastern British Columbia - the premier guidebook for local hikes into our surrounding Purcell and Rocky Mountains
- Waterfall Hikes in Southern British Columbia - a guidebook for those who chase waterfalls, and are looking for beautiful ways to keep cool during the summer.
Keep things streamlined and at your fingertips with the apps that make adventuring here easy. From trail updates to snow safety, we’ve got an app suggestion to make your trip that much better.
- Trailforks - your best bet for any running, hiking, biking, or snowshoeing adventure here
- Avalanche Canada - a must-have for anyone venturing into the snowy backcountry
- Ski RCR App - for up-to-date snowfall reports, run closures, or rental information
- All Trails - to check out regional hiking and rec-site objectives
- BC Highways - for up-to-date info on road closures, construction, or winter conditions