Starting September 13, BC will require proof of vaccination for people 12 and older to access some events, services, and businesses.
Examples of places in Kimberley that REQUIRE PROOF OF VACCINATION:
- Indoor ticketed sporting events
- Licensed restaurants and restaurants that offer table service (indoor and outdoor patio dining)
- Pubs, bars and lounges (indoor and outdoor patio dining)
- Gyms, exercise facilities/studios, recreation facilities
- Businesses offering indoor group exercise
- Indoor adult group and team sports for people 22 years old or older
- Indoor organized events with 50 or more people (Wedding receptions, organized parties, conferences and workshops)
Examples of places in Kimberley that DO NOT REQUIRE PROOF OF VACCINATION:
- Grocery stores, liquor stores and pharmacies
- Unlicensed restaurants that don't offer table service, like fast food, coffee shops and takeout
- Salons, hairdressers, barbers
- Hotels, resorts, cabins and campsites
- Banks and credit unions
- Retail and clothing stores
- Food banks and shelters
Travel and COVID-19
Click HERE for more information on the current travel restrictions
Some towns and communities who rely on tourism are eager to welcome visitors from their region.
Others might be hesitant to welcome visitors and people need to respect that.
If communities are welcoming visitors, support their small businesses when you can.
How to get the most out of your trip to Kimberley, as recommended by Destination BC:
- Plan Ahead
- Support Local Businesses
- Be Respectful
- Stay Apart, Stay Safe
- Travel In Smaller Groups
- Leave No Trace
- Spend More Time in Fewer Locations
- Be AdventureSmart
- Pack The Essentials
- Be Calm, Be Patient & Be Kind
If you have questions or concerns about how any of the ongoing COVID-19 developments may affect your experience in Kimberley, please don’t hesitate to contact us at 1-778-481-1891 or by email at .